EventMeister Release History
|EventMeister v18.104.22.168||7th April 2017||
- RECOMMENDED UPDATE
- Fixed problem with bookmarking for event logs that have recently rolled over.
- Added Administrative Events custom log definition for Server 2016
|EventMeister v22.214.171.124||16th March 2017||
- Improved active directory search in eventlog feed wizard
- Extended use of bookmarks to catch eventlog entries even during extended downtime.
- Real-time event feeds using Windows Event Collection technology (WEC) can now start populated with old events.
- Updated Help and UI to reference WEC explicitly.
|EventMeister v126.96.36.199||1st March 2017||
- Path validation for report definitions now more strict
- Tweaks to text-based report generation to improve efficiency.
|EventMeister v188.8.131.52||5th Feb 2017||
- Added: Email component upgraded; now supports STARTTLS, OpenSSL no longer used.
- Fixed: Notification email page now warns if blank message will result.
- Installer updated.
|EventMeister v184.108.40.206||4th Nov 2016||
- Fixed: Added: Can now toggle selected rules in filters, notifications etc. via space bar
- Installer updated
|EventMeister v220.127.116.11||18th April 2016||- RECOMMENDED UPDATE
- Fixed: Reports could intermittently appear empty if "Exclude previously exported items" option was used
- Fixed: Occasional redraw problem when restoring main window from taskbar
- Fixed: Installer now includes current version of Help file
|EventMeister v18.104.22.168||28th March 2015||- Added: Multiple reports per feed
- Added: ODBC export option for reports (MS SQL and MySQL currently supported)
- Added: New "ID matches" rule for easily including/excluding a list of event IDs
- Added: User-definable presets for filtering / notification rul construction
- Added: Redesigned "Copy Properties To" facility for rapid multi-feed editing.
- Added: UI for changing location of the data folder
- Added: Support for running front-end app and service under different accounts, subject to location of the data folder.
- Added: Internal log more readily accessible
- FIXED: Better handling of UTF-8 chars in Windows event logs
|EventMeister v4.4||4th Aug 2015||- Added: Additional pages added to Help file.
- Added: Front end now has optional version check to advise of newer versions
- FIXED: Handling of domain login credentials for remote machines using Windows Event Log tech has been improved.
- FIXED: Notification rules using array-based values in data field of eventlog events now extract all the data without truncation.
- FIXED: Display bug on edit constraints dialog now corrected.
|EventMeister v4.3.4||29th April 2015||- FIXED: A recent bug introduced into EventMeisters own internal log handling has been eliminated. In some cases this could have caused the service to crash.|
|EventMeister v4.3.3||16th March 2015||- FIXED: Build-up of temporary files and associated delay in realtime event gathering in certain conditions now fixed in both service and front-end app.|
|EventMeister v4.3.2||21st March 2014||- FIXED: Critical event log entries in the right hand pane now use an appropriate icon.|
|EventMeister v4.3.1||25th Feb 2014||- FIXED: Scrolling an aggregate view that is sorted by source
feed could result in a crash.
- FIXED: The "Find" function could fail to locate matching items in the aggregate view.
|EventMeister v4.3||3rd Dec 2013||- NEW: Can now define custom views for eventlogs
similar to the "custom views" facility in Windows
EventViewer on Vista and later, but with the advantage that
these views can
be used even on older operating systems such as Server 2003.
- CHANGED: Option to limit notifications to "X in Y Minutes" is now applied on a per-feed basis.
- FIXED: In some cases a realtime connection to a remote server could become unresponsive without being detected as such. This has now been rectified.
|Event Meister v4.2.1||15th June 2013||- FIXED: A recent change could result in a fatal UI problem when running the front end on 2003 server and Windows XP. This has been corrected. The service was unaffected.|
|Event Meister v4.2||16th May 2013|| - ADDED: test action in notification wizard now grabs most
recent record to use as test data.
- ADDED: Uses additional network enumeration to catch more machines
- FIXED: Corrected error in view filter logic.
|EventMeister v4.1||27th July 2012||- Added menu option to immediately suppress popup and/or email
- Added limit count to further control frequency of notifications
- Revised the Help file
- Fix: Initial poll now processes all available items even if store capacity is limited.
- Fix: Filter parsing previously stopped at the first disabled rule.
- Assorted minor interface tweaks
|Event Meister v4.0||23rd April 2012|| - Collected data is now held in SQLite databases.
A range of mature 3rd party tools exist for reading and presenting
data from SQLite, thus presenting more opportunities for data
extraction, reporting etc.
- Improved event log parsing. Now makes use of latest technology (where available) to obtain event log data and can read newer event log types such as those for the Task Scheduler, Firewall etc.
- Date/Time restrictions can now be applied to notifications, constraining notification firing to certain days, timeslots within a day etc.
- Notifications trigger rules now include sequences, e.g. a notifcation can be set to fire only if an event matches certain criteria and was preceded by other specific events.
- Filters can now be applied to scheduled reports
- New report option: export to SQLite database
- Rules for filters can now be copied/pasted to/from clipboard and saved/loaded to/from file.
- Handling of timezone and DST adjustments improved.
- Ability to hold data in non-standard locations has been improved.
- Numerous usability and presentation improvements
|Event Meister v3.0.9||22nd December 2010|| - Increased sample of file in text log wizard
to cope with files with many header lines.
- Password no longer shown in feed list export
- "Poll Now" now available when group is selected, to trigger poll of all contained feeds
|Event Meister v22.214.171.124||1st Oct 2010||- Updated email component. Can now send mail via a wider selection of servers and use SSL.|
|Event Meister v126.96.36.199||18th August 2010||- Fixed rare crash when editing feed properties via double-click|
|EventMeister v3.0.7||9th March 2010||- Fixed timezone-related bug that afftected notifications in certain circumstances
- Fixed taskbar popup notification position on Windows 7
|Event Meister v3.0.6||10th Nov 2009||- Added new Date/Time tab to Event feed properties. Provides manual control over DST and timezone correction where needed (counters bugs in recent MS patches for Vista/Svr 2008) FIX - csv bug "Export to file". - licensing bug on PCs with registry issues. - date/time text parsing for 12 hr clock|
|EventMeister v3.0.4||20th July 2009||- The DST workaround, formerly for US systems running with Microsoft's DST patch, has now been extended to work on UK (GMT) systems. This is to counter incorrect timestamps returned by WMI on systems running Vista / Server 2008 after the installation of Service Pack 2. If your system is affected, choose DST Correction from the Configure menu.|
|Event Meister v3.0.3||3rd July 2009||- Automatic expansion of system error code placeholders
in event log entries is no longer applied if the event message
appears to contain a URL.
- Microsoft changed the ordering of events returned by WMI in Vista and Server 2008 with service pack 2 to bring it back in line with all its earlier versions of Windows. To provide support for unpatched systems, you can now tell LogMeister whether to correct the ordering of events as returned by WMI (see the "Reverse Order" checkbox on the Event Log property page of event feeds)
- As this release changes the format of the feed data files, we recommend that you back up your existing feeds prior to installation. See the Help section on Backing up and transfering settings.
|Event Meister v3.0.2||18th March 2009||- Added DST Correction option as a workaround
for a bug in Event Log timestamps introduced by the Microsoft
Daylight Saving Time patch on US/Canadian systems.
- Updated installer. It now takes the following new command line parameters: /SVCACCT="YourAccount" and /SVCPWD="YourPassword"
e.g. for a silent install you might use:
C:\evtmXXXX.exe /SILENT /SVCPWD="zebra" /SVCACCT="ADMIN"
|EventMeister v3.0.1||28th April 2008||- Raised cap on notification sensitivity
from 10 to 70
- Updated installer (some improvements for Vista)
|EventMeister v3.0||20th February 2008|| - Custom reports / Custom Outputting and Archiving
- Option to Run script, batch file or executable when scheduled report or data archive is generated.
- Bulk event feed creation from an external file
- Action notifications improved - now has Run As... to launch command under specific account
- Field substitution in action notifications
- Improved aggregate definition user interface
- Hierarchical display and navigation of feed groupings
|EventMeister v2.6.2||19th April 2007||- Added ability to change the text that is used
to assign icons to event types.
- Improved compatibility with hardware DEP on Vista.
|EventMeister v2.6.1||20th February 2007|| - Changes to ensure correct icon used for German
event log entries.
- Compatibility fix for certain CA products.
|Event Meister v2.6||1st Dec 2006||- Vista compatibility. Please see the Troubleshooting
section in the help for additional configuration steps if you
are attempting to retrieve event log data from a remote Vista
PC (i.e. a PC other othan the one running EventMeister).
- "Catch events as they arrive" is now the default event log retrieval method. In most cases it has the least cpu and network load.
- Added new filter rule, allowing construction of notifications and filters that require a date/time to be within the last X hours or days.
|EventMeister v2.5.5||20th Sept 2006||NOTE: This release changes the format of the
Notifications.dat file. We recommend that existing users take
a backup of that file prior to upgrading. For more information
on taking backups, please see the Help.
- Notifications can now fire when new items have not been seen within a certain time period, e.g. if a service indicates a healthy state by issuing regular information events, you can now be alerted when such events have ceased to appear.
- Fix: Prevented rapid-fire poll failure notfications for event log feeds using "catch events as they arrive" method
- Changes to help ensure correct app/svc synchronization at registration time
|EventMeister v2.5.1||12th Aug 2006||- Added ability to insert placeholders for feed name, computer name etc. directly into the subject line of emailed notifications. The placeholders are replaced with the appropriate value when the email is sent.|
|EventMeister v2.5||29th June 2006|| - Added ability to set notification assignments
while creating new feeds and editing exiting feeds
- Can now force all displays and reports to use 24hr format (Configure menu)
|EventMeister v188.8.131.52||2nd May 2006||Fix: Changes to ensure that the service's copy of the aggregate feed definition is always up-to-date.|
|EventMeister v184.108.40.206||12th April 2006||- Major changes to make filtering and notification
rules more powerful and flexible
- Improvements made to reduce memory usage when handling logs that receive new items very frequently
NOTE: This version changes the format for feed definitions. Please take a backup of your existing definitions prior to installing this update - instructions on how to do this are in the Help - see the section entitled "Backing up and Transferring Settings".
|EventMeister v220.127.116.11||13th January 2006||- Improved date store file handling
- Improved interface for aggregate feed creation. It's now possible to select multiple feeds to populate the aggregate definition more quickly.
- Assorted UI improvements
|EventMeister v18.104.22.168||30th October 2005|| - Added facility for quickly
copying settings from one feed to many others.
- Now preserves German "umlaut" and other language-specific characters
|EventMeister v22.214.171.124||20th September 2005||
- Added automated report generation for feeds.
This is available only for licensed copies of the application.
- Improved automated feed compaction
- Improved scrolling behavior in filter dialogs
|EventMeister v126.96.36.199||3rd August 2005||
- Tray icon now automatically re-instates
itself if Explorer is restarted.
- Cosmetic changes
|EventMeister v188.8.131.52||28th May 2005||- Added support for non-standard
characters in connection passwords
- Improved validation for regular expressions.
|EventMeister v184.108.40.206||30th April 2005||- Added new dialog for viewing
all fields of a single item, similar to
Event Viewer's properties dialog.
- Added presentation of login credentials for notifications that write
to network shares/drives
- Added the ability to store the data folder in custom location - see
section of the Help titled "Backing Up & Transferring Settings" for details
- Improved handling of damaged data stores
- Reduced cpu utilization in front-end app for "catch events as they
|EventMeister v220.127.116.11||31st March 2005||- User-defined grouping of
feeds, with group enable/disable.
- Logs produced by notifications can be emailed automatically according
to user-defined schedule. XML logs can be converted to HTML report
format if required.
- XML type added for logs produced by notifications
- Duplicate facility for Notifications
- Full control over the text in email notifications (better for those
using an email-to-SMS service)
- Ability to easily transfer view settings (column selection, width
ordering and filtering) to multiple compatible feeds.
|EventMeister v18.104.22.168||7th March 2005||- Fixed non-scrolling event
log selection tree.
- List control displaying available computers now holds its current
scroll position during network enumeration
|EventMeister v22.214.171.124||16th February 2005||- Installer now accepts domain
accounts, as long as they're members of the local Administrators
- If the front-end application is launched under a different account from the service, a warning message will be displayed.
- Event Log Feed wizard now allows multiple feeds to be created in a single pass.
- WMI connection settings adjusted to improve compatiblity with domains containing XP/2003 computers.
|EventMeister v126.96.36.199||23rd January 2005||- Option to run as a service.
- Configuration options for optimizing EventMeister for various server conditions (Previously optimized for servers with small to medium sized Event logs)
|EventMeister v188.8.131.52||28th November 2004||
- Fix to ensure that icons are retained when
installation is moved to different PC or a different account
on the same PC
- Adaptive timeout in Event Log Wizard when determining available log
- Added minimize to / restore from tray animation
|EventMeister v184.108.40.206||19th October 2004||- Self-tuning timeout used
to prevent intermittent poll failure on slow PCs/large event
- Status bar feedback improved. Installer includes latest version of gdiplus.dll from Microsoft to counter jpeg vulnerability (Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-028)
|EventMeister v220.127.116.11||23rd August 2004||- Some changes made to WMI connection parameters to work around problems reading event logs on some Win 2000 server installations|
|EventMeister v18.104.22.168||10th August 2004||- First Public Release|